Monday, September 20, 2010

20th of September, 2010

6.26pm Monday afternoon. Jaana is getting a lot better in her speech! She is now willing and able to to talk on the phone. It is not a sound without some difficulty to understand sometimes, but the difference is very much noticeable. She has her phone next to her in bed and readily answers when I call every time and answers questions, not only by 'yes' and 'no', but also with her own words. It is great to hear about all friends and relatives visiting her as they days can be a bit long after her therapy. Ritva, Jaanas mum, is there every day and walks a picks up food at a close by Hotel, should she not desire the in house selection. Deserts and chocolate seem to be consumed at the same rate as usual. Her mobility, seem also to improve but maybe not as noticeable as her speech. That said though, I saw a improvement in her balance even in Dusseldorf.
Parmi will come back home in eight days. She is very much missed and her return will be much appreciated. Upon her arrival I will stay for another five days or so before embarking on a long journey which will end with me bringing Jaana home around the 11th of 12th of October.
Ludwig is doing fine in Lugano. He does not even call that much, but seem to have found himself a great place. He really is stepping up a notch and have to organise his life a lot more and by now I am sure he has tied more ties than I have in my entire life...

1 comment:

Reed family said...

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS. SO SO PLEASED FOR JAANA! YES I AM SHOUTING WITH EXCITEMENT!